Trust

Something that I am working on is trust. I often find myself worrying about my relationships with people. I worry my friendships which I have tried so hard to maintain are going to die or fade out. I have realized that most of this is out of my control and that I need to just let God take care of it. This is true about everything. Sometimes I stress about little things in life, and because I have so much to get done I worry about it. Sometimes this makes me say things l don’t mean like my life sucks, or this is terrible. In the bible, trust in God is a huge theme. In both the new and old testament, God asks His people to trust in Him and they often fail. 

We can see an example of this in the book of Exodus when God is asking Moses to free his people from Egypt. The Lord tells Moses what to do, but Moses doubts in himself and doesn't trust that the Lord will be able to do as He said. 
“‘So come, I will send you to Pharaoh to bring my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt.’ But Moses said to God, ‘Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?’ He said, ‘I will be with you; and this shall be the sign for you that it is I who sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God on this mountain’” (Exodus 3:10-12).
In this God is telling Moses, you can do it because I will be with you. Sometimes I think we (especially me) will find ourselves doubting our abilities. We say that we can’t do something when what we really need to do is trust that God will help us to do it. The story of the burning bush continues until chapter four of Exodus. God is still telling Moses that it is all fine and he will take care of it. He gives him his name and tells him what to say, but Moses still questions:
“Then Moses answered, ‘But suppose they do not believe me or listen to me, but say, The Lord did not appear to you. Then he even gives him signs to use so he can prove that what he is saying is true. He gives him three signs. Even after all this, Moses still doubts and gives God reasons as to why he can’t do this: “But Moses said to the Lord, ‘O my Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor even now that you have spoken to your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.’” 
He does go after the Lord Gets mad at him. 
This might seem stupid or might not make sense. Why would he not just go after the first time? God is appearing from a bush that is on fire, but not burning. That is impossible to anyone but God – shouldn’t this tell Him that God is capable of anything? Why does he not just trust that God will take care of it? How many times do we do this?  How often are we asked to do something, but we think we aren't good enough or we cannot do it?

The will of God will never take you to where the grace of God will not protect you. To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.”
If we truly trust God with everything we’ve got, then we can’t go wrong. Sometimes I stress about doing God’s will. Something that I have really been focusing on is truly trusting in the Lord with my whole being. It is hard to do. I want to worry about everything and make sure it all is going to work. However, the times I let myself let go and give it to Him, it has been amazing. People I go to school with are always talking about how their lives suck and how they have so much to do. And now, I can’t help but think that this is probably one of the best times for trust. In college all we need to worry about is school. We don't have to worry about feeding our kids, or paying our mortgage. Why do a lot of college kids always look at this time as a time to go crazy or to party? This is probably the easiest time in our lives. Why not use it to really develop our relationship with God and good friends?
Start making time to pray, because if you can’t do it now then what makes you think you'll be able to do it later? The only time you have in your life is right now. How are you going to use it? Let’s all try to stop worrying about things that are out of our control, and instead just trust that if we are doing our best then it will work out the way it is supposed to. There are only three things we need to “worry” about 1) are you doing your daily duty? If you are a student that means going to class and doing your homework. 2)  Are you in a state of grace? If not, go to confession. 3) Are you talking to the Lord? That means to pray. If you are doing these three things you cannot go wrong. Christ will lead you to where you need to be. So please, start to trust. 

Just My thoughts 

Go with God 


Duncan.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greatness

Set the world on fire

We Only Have Today